GPS Tracking allows you to be able to locate a person or object – simply by sending a text message. GPS Tracking devices work using both GSM (mobile phone) GPS signals. The GPS tracking technology comes courtesy of 24 satellites orbiting the earth, which can triangulate a position on the earth’s surface with great accuracy. The GSM component means that whilst the GPS Tracking device requires a SIM card, it is then able to receive and send text messages (containing location information) and phone calls.
Uses for GPS Tracking vary widely. Here are some popular reasons that people buy GPS Tracking devices:
- GPS Tracking for the Elderly – the elderly, and people with Alzheimer’s or dementia, can be prone to wandering and becoming lost. GPS tracking allows carers and loved ones to be able to easily locate the elderly. Geo-fencing is particularly useful in this instance – receiving a text alert if the elderly person or Alzheimer’s sufferer strays too far. This can also give more freedom to the elderly.
- GPS Tracking for children – every parent will know how nerve-wracking it can be when their child is lost. Perhaps your child says he or she is staying over at someone else’s house – you call to check up on them and the concerned parent on the other end of the phone says that your child didn’t stay there at all. GPS tracking can give that extra bit of reassurance – being able to send a text and receive an instant location back could solve hours of worry.
- GPS Tracking for Travellers – when travelling, it might be useful for friends to be able to keep track of each other, if they get split up. The GPS tracking devices can also work like mini mobile phones. Of course, friends or parents might also wish to keep track of the travels. Our GPS Tracking devices are quad-band, meaning they can work anywhere in the world (you just need a roaming enabled SIM card).
- GPS Tracking for Cars – vehicle tracking is incredibly useful as a way to prevent car theft (what a small investment to protect an expensive vehicle – including boats!), keep track of whoever is borrowing your car, or watching over employees who have use of company vehicles. Couriers for example – being able to keep track of a vehicle has many uses. We do occasionally get emails from jealous spouses – but we’ll leave that one alone for now!
- GPS Tracking for possessions – if you want to stop something being stolen, then GPS tracking can be a great help. A small GPS tracker, hidden on a bike, in a bag, in a box, or anywhere else – can give great reassurance.
Choosing a GPS Tracking Device
Choosing a GPS tracking device therefore depends largely on what you want to track. Our GPS watch tracking device is popular for people tracking – because it can be conveniently worn on the wrist. The large-buttoned GPS Tracking phone is fantastic for the elderly, because not only is it a user friendly mobile phone but also a GPS tracking device – and even has an FM radio. The children’s GPS tracking device is fit for purpose because its tamper-proof and looks cute (well, for the under sevens!) If its vehicle GPS tracking that you’re after, then our Mini Tracker and Vehicle GPS Tracking device are perfect. The latter has a 60 day battery life, and is water proof and magnetised.
Click here to compare our GPS tracking devices – I’m sure you’ll find something fit for purpose.
GPS Tracking Customer Service
Buying a GPS Tracking device can be a daunting thing – they can look very complicated. To be honest, most manuals are very complicated – and some are not even comprehensible. All our manuals are written to be user-friendly – and if there’s anything you don’t understand – you only have to get in touch. We respond to GPS tracking queries very quickly, and are able to solve most issues in minutes. This is also why we also aim to explain everything as best we can on the site.
Online GPS Tracking – For Free!
Being able to see GPS tracking online is very satisfying. You might want to have an extra browser tab open at work, so you can track your partners progress on a trip. Or maybe see your child as they walk about on a school field trip. Make sure that a delivery is being couriered on time by one of your employees. The uses are endless.
Most companies charge extra for this – making it a monthly fee. We give it to our customers for free. When you buy a GPS tracking device, we give a step-by-step guide to getting your tracking device set up for online GPRS tracking. All you need is a data enabled SIM card, which should be no more than £10pm if you use our link. We try to make everything as simple as possible for our GPS tracking customers!
Have a question about GPS Tracking?
If there is anything about GPS tracking that you want to know, just browse around the site, or get in touch. We’re always happy to help!