Locate your vehicle instantly
Instant locations via text
See track history online
30 Day battery life
See track history online
30 Day battery life
*only available on the GPS Car Tracker.
How are our GPS Trackers for Cars useful?
All of these useful functions are carried out remotely via text message on your mobile phone. The commands are simple and easy. You only need to put the Tracker in or on the car – then leave it. You can do the rest from your mobile phone.
- Whenever you need to locate the car, a simple text message will show you where it is in seconds. This could be useful in all sorts of situations – checking on an employee, knowing where your partner is (if on a long journey for example), or even retrieving a stolen vehicle.
Online tracking to see the history
- You can also track a car on the move by logging into an online account. Its free and simple to set up, and we show you how. The Tracker will then upload its location every minute or so, in real time, so you can see where it is, where its been, and estimate where it’s going!
Super strong AGPS signal
- Our Stray Star GPS Tracker has AGPS (assisted GPS) which means it can also triangulate based on the network signal. This means that even if your car is underground, in a carpark or garage – you might still be able to get a location. This really sets it apart from other GPS Trackers on the market.
Movement alerts – know if it goes anywhere
- Perfect for theft prevention – if your car (or bike, boat, or anything else) moves a set distance (or even moves at all) then you can be sent an alert text immediately.
Know when its in or out of a certain area
- This is called geo-fencing – you can set a radius around a certain place, and then receive alerts if the vehicle goes into or out of that area. This is useful for all sorts of scenarios!
- If you lend your car to someone, or you want to monitor employee car usage, then this might be a useful function to check on how the car’s being used! You can set a function to be alerted if the car moves over a set speed.
- If the Tracker is within the car rather than outside of it, then you can listen to the sounds in the cabin. This might be useful if your car is stolen, for example.
Magnetic and waterproof
- Both of our suitable trackers are waterproof. The GPS Car Tracker also has a large, strong magnet to make it easy to fix to the underside of a car.
Long battery life
- The GPS Car Tracker has up to 60 days battery life on standby. The Stray Star GPS Tracker also has up to 30 days on standby – where it can “kick into action” only when movement is detected, and then stay on for a set amount of time. Even when left on for continuous tracking, it still has 7 days of battery.
No crazy monthly fees!
- If you’ve shopped around, you’ll notice that many products carry expensive monthly fees, or are tied into some fleet tracking system. Ours carry no monthly fees or hidden extras – you only pay us for the device itself, then pay for your own SIM usage.
7 Day Trial
If you aren’t sure whether a GPS Tracking device will work as you want it to, you are always welcome to test it out. If it doesn’t work out for you for whatever reason (but we’re sure you’ll love it!), you can return it for a refund. We only ask that you keep everything in perfect condition.
Flexible payment options
At checkout, you can choose whether to pay direct by card, Paypal, cheque or BACs transfer.
What else do you need for a GPS Car Tracker?
All you need is your own SIM card – the small cards which slot into mobile phones. This allows the GPS Tracker for Cars to transmit the location via a text or to make/receive phone calls. On purchasing, you can opt to receive a free SIM card from us. The tariff is excellent – just £5pm for 300 texts, online tracking and call time. However – you can use your own SIM card as well – our GPS Trackers are not locked to any provider!
Some Creative Uses for Tracking a Vehicle
Know when your partner is almost home
- You might put a GPS Tracker in your partners car, to know where he/she is if there is a long commute. Using the geo-fencing function, you could receive an alert when they’re a certain distance away from home. Then you know exactly when to put the kettle on, or put dinner in the oven!
Know if an employee takes a vehicle somewhere where they shouldn’t
- Using the movement function, or geo-fencing, you can receive an alert if the vehicle strays too far away. You can also receive an alert if it goes too fast. Online tracking will give you a clear picture of exactly where the vehicle has been, and when, for a given time period, if you need proof of mis-use.
Setting Up the GPS Tracker for Cars is easy
All you have to do is…
- Read the detailed instructions that come with the GPS Tracker
- Activate the SIM card, write down the phone number
- Know the number of the GPS Tracker’s SIM card
- Send the location text
That’s it! You can learn how to use any of the other functions in the manual – they are all straight-forward. As long as the device is switched on and charged, you can set up and carry out all of the functions remotely using your own mobile phone 🙂
Which device to choose?
We have two GPS Trackers suitable for vehicles – each with its own strengths. Your choice will depend on:
- What you want to use it for
- Whether its going inside or outside of the vehicle
- Whats more important to you – functionality or battery duration
Both GPS Trackers have:
- Instant Location by text
- Online tracking
- Hidden microphone
- Speed alerts
- SOS button
The main differences are outlined below.